posted this on December 02, 2011 04:51 PM
By default, X1 Search 8 places index files in the X1 Data Directory in the following locations depending on your Operating System:
Please note: Currently we support storing the X1 Search 8 index on the local drive.
Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\X1Search
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Files\Application Data\X1 Search
If you want to change the location of your Index File, please do the following:
1. Select Menu>Options
2. Select the 'Indexing' tab
3. At the very top of the Indexing page you will see 'Storage Location', and click 'Change Location':
4. With the folder structure, select a new location to store your X1 Search 8 index, or click ‘Make New Folder’ to indicate a new location.
Use this dialog box to navigate to the new folder location for your X1 Search 8 program and click the [OK] button.
If you want to create a new folder for the program, first navigate to the Parent Folder for the new folder you want to create; then select the [Make New
Folder] button and create a new name for the folder when prompted by Windows.
5. Once you select a new location for your X1 Search 8 Directory, click ‘Ok’, displaying a popup window:
6. Choose [OK] to commit these changes and re-start X1 Search 8. Click [Cancel] to abort the changes.
Please note: As with any application, you should avoid storing the X1 Search 8 Directory on your desktop.
Support Ticket System by Zendesk