X1 Search 8 supports indexing removable media, such as USB, Flash and other storage drives (i.e. USB, Firewire, Flash/Thumb drives, etc.).
To add removable media to your X1, please follow the steps below:
1. Plug in (and turn on, if appropriate), your removable drive
2. Navigate to Menu>Data Sources
3. Select the pencil icon next your Files Source
4.On the Files options select Add External Drive
5. In the window, check the box next to the drive or other removable media you wish to add, and click OK
6. The media will add to your Files source in the next scheduled indexing cycle,or if you wish to index the
content immediately, select Scan Files Now.