To turn off indexing in the Professional Client, access the Options Window by either:
1.a. Selecting Tools>Options
1.b. Click the Indexing Status Bar in the lower right corner of the Professional Client interface
2. The Indexing Options window lists all of your configured sources. Please note: If you are disabling indexing so that you may run X1 Search 8, please remember to disable indexing for EACH SOURCE in your index.
3. Select the source(s) you wish to stop indexing, and click 'Stop Indexing' to pause that particular source.
In the event you need to enable indexing, please repeat the steps above, resuming indexing for EACH SOURCE. We recommend you leave indexing scheduling off at all times, and only manually update your Professional Client index as necessary.
To manually update the index:
1. Please head to Tools>Options
2. Select the data source from the Source list on the left side of the menu:
3. For each source, click "Index (Insert Source) Now"