Automatic Collection: Like most other websites, we use common internet technologies such as cookies and Web beacons to keep track of users’ interactions with the Site and the Services. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, referring website addresses, browser type and access times. X1 may offer its products through applications using other platforms, such as its smart phone applications, and interactive plugins distributed on websites across the web (“X1 Applications”). If you use an X1 Application, we may also collect data related to your use of the application and the device on which the application is loaded, including but not limited to, your device, your mobile carrier, your internet access provider, your physical location, and/or web browsing.
Volunteered: If you register with us, subscribe to or use downloadable software trials or web-based applications, fill out a profile page, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and sometimes store whatever information you share. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address, credit card information or other billing information. The collection of this information is part of regular business practices and is necessary in order to complete transactions and properly run and administer these services. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet) that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. (We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited messages or contact from others, to say the least.)
Installation Numbers: X1 Products may use random generation techniques to create a unique alphanumeric number during installation of the software. An alphanumeric identifier used to identify a unique installation of a product and is found in many popular software applications. This unique number is used to associate information entered through the registration process, and provides information to X1 about the installations of the Product (e.g., operating system type, version). The number will be sent back to X1 when you first install and use the X1 Product and when the X1 Product automatically checks for updates.
Support: X1 Products do not transmit results of any for searches conducted by the user. In addition, your computer is not logged or made accessible to X1 through use of the X1 Products. However, if you experience an error, the Products will send log information to X1 for service and support purposes and such log data may include information about a user’s profile, computer or device, location and search history.
Credit Card Security: Providing you with a secure ordering experience is a high priority. When you submit an order to the Site, we encrypt your order information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, when it is transmitted to ER and for credit card processing. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble information in transit. The Site is also registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm ER’s identity before any transmission is sent. The identity of our site is automatically confirmed behind the scenes prior to the transmission of any customer information requested to complete an online order so that your data reaches your intended target. When confirming an order to you by email, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use this information to help us provide you with better service. It also helps our advertisers and partners provide you with more relevant offers, which in turn helps cover the cost of our services to you. Among other things, the information we collect enables X1 to:
- customize the advertising and content you see
- fulfill your requests for products and services and validate your user rights
- improve its services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
Anonymous Information: Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like your IP address and referring website addresses. We may share anonymous information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable): In certain circumstances, we may share information we have collected, including personally identifiable information.
- For example: We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Site and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or is necessary to comply with the law enforcement or in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legal process or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Site includes unmonitored content posted by users and sourced from other third parties and as you can imagine, such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Like most other websites, third parties may directly gather non-personally identifiable information from users of the Site through automated means such as cookies.
Information that X1 collects is stored on servers that X1 manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, X1 cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that X1 processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Site or Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Or you can contact us by mail at:
X1 Discovery, Inc.
130 West Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from X1, please contact us at the above.
- Cookie : When you visit the Site or utilize an X1 product or service, X1’s servers send a cookie (a small file with a string of characters) to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you but they recognize your individual web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to X1 (through an account or otherwise), you will remain anonymous to us. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies. However, if you do so, certain features may not work.
- Web beacon : A web beacon is an electronic image on a web page that recognizes certain types of information on your computer when you visit that particular web page.
- IP address : An Internet Protocol Address is a numerical label that is assigned to each computer on the Internet.
- Referring website address : A referring website address identifies the address of the webpage you were on previously, before you came to the Site.
- Browser : A browser is a software application used for retrieving, presenting and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
Updated: June 2012