X1 customers who have purchased a copy of the X1 Professional Client within the past 12 months, can upgrade to the latest version of the client using their existing registration key. Please follow these upgrade steps:
1. Open X1 and write down your registration code. You can access your code from the Help > Register Product screen.
2. Close all open applications, especially email and X1 using File > Exit (verify that the X1.exe process is stopped via
3. Download the latest version of X1 by logging into your Support Portal account, http://www.x1.com/support/portal/,
and clicking on the appropriate "Upgrade" link.
4. Double-click the downloaded .EXE file to reinstall/upgrade X1
5. If prompted to keep your current settings/preferences, respond "Yes" -- unless you are currently experiencing
problems, then you should select "No
Please Note: Depending on the version of X1 from which you are upgrading, this upgrade may require your indexes to be rebuilt. You might want to wait until the end of your work day before installing to allow time for the indexes to build overnight without interrupting your use of the computer.
After installing the upgrade, you will want to register the product to turn off the trial mode. To enter the registration code, open X1 and go to:
- Help > Register Product.
- Enter your code and click "Register".
Administrative rights are required to install and register X1.