To uninstall X1 Search, please follow the steps below.
If you can launch the X1 interface go to Main Menu > Info > Deactivate to deactivate your current license activation.
"Clean" Uninstall of X1 Search:
1. Access Control Panel > Programs & Features
2. Uninstall X1 Search. When prompted, opt NOT to save your X1 settings and opt to DEACTIVATE your X1 Search license upon uninstall
3. Check the following locations for any remaining X1 Search files, and delete them if found:
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\X1 Search - this is the default location of the X1 Search data directory
- C:\Program Files\X1 Search - this is the install location of the X1 program files
- C:\Program Files (x86)\X1 Search - this is the install location of the X1 program files on a 64-bit operating system, running a 32-bit version of Outlook
NOTE: You may find an X1 Search directory under C:\ProgramData\. You do NOT need to delete this directory.
4. Go to the following Temp folder location and delete everything that you possibly can:
NOTE: There may some files in the Temp folder that are being used by OneDrive and other applications. If you get a prompt about these files being used, just skip them but Delete everything else you can.
**PLEASE TAKE CARE AT THIS NEXT STEP TO ONLY DELETE X1 SEARCH NODES FROM THE REGISTRY**
5. Click Start > Run > Regedit or click your Windows Logo Key + R to launch regedit.exe and delete ONLY the X1 Search registry keys found in any of the following locations:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\X1 Search
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\X1 Search
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\X1 Search
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\X1 Search
If you are interested in just the "clean uninstall" then you are done here. If you would like to perform a fresh install of X1 Search, proceed to the next step.
Perform a fresh install of X1 Search by launching the X1Searchsetup.exe found here. This will install the latest version of X1 Search.
Use your License ID and Password to activate the product.
Note: If you encounter any failed installations or would like to install X1 Search via the .msi installer, click below: