X1 Search 8 supports indexing removable media, such as USB, Flash and other storage drives (i.e. USB, Firewire, Flash/Thumb drives, etc.).
To add removable media to your X1, please follow the steps below:
1. Plug in (and turn on, if appropriate), your removable drive
2. Navigate to Main Menu located on the top left of the user interface.
3. Select Data Sources from the Main menu list.
4. Select the gear icon corresponding to Files to edit your Files source.
5.On the Files Options select 'Add External Drive'
6. In the Add External Drive window, check the box next to the drive or other removable media you wish to add, and click OK.
7. Give this drive a nick name.
8. The media will now display under the directory tree and add to your Files data source in the next scheduled indexing cycle, or if you wish to index the content immediately, click on the 'Scan Now' button.