In addition to your local files, X1 Search 8 is capable of indexing remote content stored on your network, such as mapped Network Drives and Network Shares.
To enable indexing of either Mapped Network Drives or Network Shares, please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Main Menu located on the top left of the user interface.
2. Select Data Sources from the Main menu list.
3. Select the gear icon corresponding to Files to edit your Files source.
4. From the Files Options menu, select 'Add Network Path'
5. On the 'Add Network Path' screen, either browse to the folder structure or type the share path (UNC path) in the following format: \\server\share\.
6. Click on the share in the Folder Selection List to expand the folder hierarchy, and enable the folders you wish to index.
Please note: Indexing remote files over a network connection takes longer to index then local content. Additionally indexing network content impacts your network's bandwidth. As a best practice, you will probably want to limit the volume of data you index over the network.