Are proud to announce the release of version 8.0.1 on June 4, 2013.
The two primary areas of focus for this release were more robust proxy detection and handling for Search 8 installation and activation, as well as fixes for Outlook 2013. Also, in response to your feedback, we added some fixes to help facilitate extended offline use. We are well aware this has been a hot topic in the forums. Please note we continue to work on this issue and you can expect further improvements in coming releases..
- Federated search across multiple SharePoint sites
- More robust proxy detection and compatibility for X1 Search 8 installation and activation
- Improved index support for removable drives
- Improved index stability when disconnected from the network.
- Enhancements facilitating extended offline use
- Improved files and attachments default preview sizing
- Added option inserting word breaks around Asian language characters for improved search results
- Outlook 2013 freezes with real-time indexing enabled on a configured IMAP account
- Bug fix preventing initial connection to indexing service following install
- Some Outlook email attachments not content indexed by real-time indexing
- More robust handling of virus scanners or backup software preventing writing to X1 index files
Several other UI enhancements and bug fixes are also included in this release. Thanks again for your continued feedback and active forum participation.